Friday, November 10, 2006

BEGONIAS, ANYONE?

 
 
 
 
Gardening has always been one of my favourite hobbies and recently I have gone into gardening in a bigger way. I have started a collection of begonias, each plant costing me an average of RM7, but I haven't been very successful yet, having managed to kill a few plants through "over-watering". Initially, I went into the internet to read up on begonias and I learnt that the soil for begonias needs to be damp all the time. The soil must not be allowed to dry out completely. Later on, to my regret, I learnt that too much water also leads to rotting of the stems and leaf stalks and ultimately the death of the plant. I am still in the learning stage and would welcome advice and guidance from anybody who has had experience and success in growing begonias. I would also welcome identification of the different begonias in the photos above. Posted by Picasa

No comments: