Tuesday, November 15, 2005

STREAMYX OR DRIPYX?


I am subscribing to streamyx, paying RM44 per month which entitles me to 60 hours of usage at 512 kbps. When I logged in just now and checked the speed this is what I got:

tmnet streamyx
Connection speed
64 kbits/s / 8 kbytes/s
The download speed is provided on a best effort basis.

There have been times when the speed is worse than what I am experiencing today. I have experienced 8 kbits/s / 1 kbytes/s before! What sort of a broadband speed is this? At this download speed, streamyx should be rebranded as dripyx! There have been so many complaints about streamyx poor download speed and yet nothing has been done about it. Why can't the authorities do something about this daylight robbery being perpetuated by streamyx on their customers? Why do they continue to allow streamyx to cheat their customers by providing substandard service? Somebody told me that Jaring is already offering fixed line broadband at a faster speed of 2 mbps. I haven't been able to find any evidence of this in the Jaring website. I am looking forward to switching to Jaring if they can provide a better service.

2 comments:

darry said...

"I am subscribing to streamyx, paying RM44 per month which entitles me to 60 hours of usage at 56 kbps"

I believe you meant 512Kbps,otherwise the TMnut would be correct when they give you that speed.

virgorat said...

Oops, you're right, it should read 512 kbps.