Thursday, August 18, 2005

TV AD's


The thing that irritates me most about watching tv is the commercial break and I am especially irked by the bland and unimaginative advertisements that we have to put up with just so that we can enjoy sit-coms that become disjointed because of these advertisements. However, I was pleasantly surprised by 2 advertisements from Astro which are not only a welcome intermission but are, surprisingly, quite entertaining. I am referring to the advertisement for the Astro decoder at 50% discount where the poor son is the victim of a fearsome mother and a bullying wife ("Hello, Astro ah?") and the other one is about a group of friends watching a football match when the transmission suddenly goes off (Astro bill didn't pay ah?). Every time these two advertisements are aired, I find it easy to forgive them for interrupting my tv viewing pleasure. I feel that the people behind them have done a very good job, unlike the shampoo advertisements which are not only bland but also show no originality. I think the shampoo companies should ask Astro who conceived their advertisements for them!

1 comment:

Che-Cheh said...

Hey i agree with you about the shampoo ad. Those shampoo ad are so fake!!! Pity those who got caught by the ad.