Saturday, August 13, 2005

THE HAZE: CAN IT GET ANY WORSE IN PENANG?


View (?) of the road leading to Bukit Jambul from the hill slope at Yeap Chor Ee Road.

Look at the sun! According to the newspapers many people in Selangor have booked hotel rooms in Penang for the weekend, hoping to escape the haze over there. It's ironical that when they arrive here they will discover that they have jumped from the frying pan into the fire!

You can see that the situation is getting worse. The smell of ash is getting stronger and if you stay outdoors for some time you feel heavy in the head and breathing becomes harder. I could spend a few minutes outdoors without a mask taking some photographs before I felt uncomfortable and wanted to get into my car again!

2 comments:

Kiruna said...

Wow, it looks quite bad but from the looks of it you can still see for at least 5kms. Over here in KL, it was so bad that you couldn't see for under 50m. So it could be worse. I was one of those who were planning to drive up to Penang (I was born and raised there) but I'm glad I decided not to seeing that the haze had plotted to follow me and kill me.

virgorat said...

arin,
You are lucky to stay put in KL. According to what I have been reading, it seems that the situation in KL has improved.