Wednesday, October 26, 2005

CON JOB WITH A NEW TWIST!

If you have received an email offering you a share in a vast sum of money salted away by some deposed African dictator, you would probably have smelt a rat and refused to remit a certain sum of money ostensibly for legal fees in order to get your share released by the "authorities" unless, of course you are a moron or "mentally challenged" as the politically correct would like to say. Just the other day it was reported in the Star that a lecturer was conned of several hundred thousand ringgit in such a scam! Makes you wonder how one gets to be a lecturer with so little grey matter between the ears. Below is an email I have just received which is basically the same con job but with a twist.

Hello,

This offer might be strange, but is the wish of a dying 68 years old woman
who now realizes belatedly that there is more to life than mere acquisition
of cash{money} and fame. My name is Mrs. Jennifer Wilson a widow. My late
husband and I perhaps due to our aristocratic background and bad influences
lived and never cared for nobody or whose ox was gored, our motto was be
rich and famous and the world will be at your feet. I am diabetic and
recently diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. The report is obviously not
good, several chemotherapy treatments have not helped either and the obvious
fact is that I have few days/weeks more on planet earth.

Being childless couple, I inherited all my husband wealth and our relations
are no good, as they are waiting patiently for my death to use all our money
for illicit and obscene business/things. Before my health deteriorated that
I am completely dependant on them for basic necessities I have done
charitable ventures within our neighborhoods and beyond and this angered
them as they wish to reap from where they did not sow.

Having come to the realizations of what life is all about-caring for
others. I have given legal consent and full authority to my
attorney-Barrister Dean J. Cooper of Springfield Consultants to immediately
disbursed all the money to people/charitable homes and the choice of
beneficiaries was done by sampling.Your name was luckily picked and I have
willed the sum of US$1,500,000.00{One Million, Five Hundred thousand U.S.
Dollars}only to you.

This money should be used STRICTLY for humanitarian/charitable cause.
Contact my lawyer immediately who will guide you on the modalities for the
collection of this money. His e-mail address is deanjcooper@netscape.net
Please quote my personal reference number for ease of
collection-law/chamber/solicitors/je/ws/WILL/9834520012 when reaching him by
mail.

I plead with you never to deviate from this agreement and I beg of you to
pray that my soul rest in peace.
njhhj
Thanks.

Jennifer Wilson.

No comments: