Sunday, December 10, 2006

REFRESHING NEWS!


After the recent UMNO General Assembly I have stopped my regular subscription of the Star for fear of having to see the traumatic photograph of an evil-looking man brandishing a wicked-looking keris or having to read about a particular race demanding a bigger slice of the economic cake or demanding more handouts as their birth-right. Since then I have been buying my copy of the Star on a daily basis to avoid suffering from further trauma. If I see news that will depress me, I walk away from the news-stand empty-handed, thus saving one ringgit and twenty sen and sparing myself the agony of having to face the possibilty of having to read about people whose only claim to immortality is their ability to run amok at will and hurt other people.
This morning, however, the news on the front page was refreshing apart from the Bar Council's dirty linen. The picture of the two young men and the accompanying headline, "GOLD AT LAST" made my day. Congratulations to these two heroic young men who surmounted great odds to bring great pride to the country. They were an unseeded and an unheralded doubles pair in the Asian Games but they vanquished the top doubles pairs in the world to create badminton history in Malaysia! You are truly Malaysians Boleh!

No comments: